Safeguarding & Child Protection
If you become concerned about the safety or wellbeing of a child please approach one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads or phone Family Connect 01952 385385.
If you think a child is in immediate danger call the police or call the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000.
As Governors and Staff at Donnington Wood Infant School and Nursery we aim to ensure a happy, healthy and safe environment where children, staff and the wider school community -
- can go about their daily life free from any actions that may result in any person suffering from mental or physical abuse or neglect of any kind.
- feel able to discuss any worries or concerns they may be having without fear or prejudice.
- work in partnership with outside agencies to promote the safety and wellbeing of children and their families.
To enable this we will ensure that –
- all staff are trained to recognise concerns
- swift and appropriate action is taken when a concern is raised
- the whole school community have confidence in all staff, including the Leadership Team and Designated Safeguarding Leads, to act upon concerns raised
We have four trained Safeguarding Leads, a Governor Responsible for Safeguarding (Mrs Jane Brothwood) and all staff receive regular training. Our 'Staying Safe Superstars' are pupils from Year 1 and Year 2 who meet regularly to share their thoughts and views and promote safety and wellbeing across school and nursery.
We wish to work in partnership with you, and we will share successes with you, and discuss with you any concerns that we may have about your children.
Since your child’s welfare is also our first priority, there may be rare occasions when our concern for your children means that we have to consult the Telford & Wrekin Safeguarding team. We will endeavour to contact you in the first instance and share our concerns. This will only be done, however, where we believe that such discussion will not place your child at further or increased risk of significant harm. The welfare of the child will be paramount and will override any other considerations.
The procedures we follow are those laid down by the Telford & Wrekin Safeguarding Children Board. We have adopted both Child Protection and Anti-bullying policies for the safety of all. If you would like to know about our procedures, or the policies, please speak to the headteacher, who is the Designated Safeguarding Lead or click the link below to read the full policy.
Other policies linked to Child Protection and Safeguarding can be found on our Policies page.
More information about staying safe is available by clicking the links below:
www.paceuk.info (child sexual exploitation)
https://beeu.org.uk (Children and young people's emotional health and wellbeing service)